Friday, October 31, 2003

Rockin with the Rockefellas

So, now I am up at the Pocantico, the conference center of the Rockefeller Brothers Fund. Myself and three others have been preparing all afternoon for a weekend mini-conference about inter-generational learning amongst social justice activists. I don't know most of the people who are coming, so I feel like anything can happen. It is nerve-wracking and exciting at the same time. The facilitators are top notch, so I have confidence that we will not go off-track. EPIP is co-sponsoring this meeting with LISTEN Inc., a group that supports urban youth leadership efforts. At least from the EPIP perspective, this meeting is part of our efforts to increase support for young people in each generation who seek out meaningful social change careers.

Drinks and dinner start in 1/2 hour, and I am need a little nap beforehand. Talk to you later,

Rusty

No comments: